Healthy Hair Pledge

7:58 AM Unknown 6 Comments




This is how I keep my hair healthy, strong, and how I grow it out. I'm currently in the process of growing my hair out and in the last month hair has grown an inch, at least. These methods may not work for everyone, but this is just works on me. I've tried so many things, you don't even know. And all of these tips and tricks seem to be working.

1. Don't wash your hair everyday. This seems to be one of the major things that makes my hair grow and be healthy. When you wash your hair you strip it of its natural oils. I wash my hair only twice a week. At the beginning of the week I wash all of my hair and then in the middle of the week I wash only my scalp. This way I reduce stripping my hair of oils. The shampoo I'm currently using is the Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo. (Make sure that you don't brush your hair after you wash it. Instead, whenever it's wet comb through it with a detangler.) If you find that your hair is oily and greasy in between washes, use dry shampoo.

2. Don't use heat products. I know this is the hardest thing for some girls. Heat stylers damage your hair. They cause dry hair, damage and split ends. If I curl my hair one day I will have split ends. I have sworn off heat. The only time I will curl my hair is for special occasions a few times a year. Whenever you do use heat, remember to protect your hair with get protectant and to hydrate it with a moisturizing product like a coconut oil serum. My favorites are the Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray and the Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum.

3. Protect and moisturize your hair. Even though you don't heat style your hair you can still damage it. How? The sun. Most people don't know that the sun damages your hair. But like your skin, your hair is damaged by UV rays that the sun gives off. It makes your hair dry and more likely to break. Use products with UV ray protection. (sunscreen) I recommend Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray. Your hair also needs to be moisturized. This is one of the key things in keeping your hair healthy and growing it out. I love to put in a nourishing serum or a leave in conditioner, like the Sexy Healthy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner.

4. Trim your hair. Rumor is you're supposed to cut your hair every 6-10 weeks. Is this true? Sort of. Your supposed to cut your hair to get all the spilt ends off, keeping it healthy and preventing further breakage. You also need to cut your hair in order for it to grow. This means, you only need to trim your hair and you should cut about half an inch to an inch off. Now the big question, how often should you cut it. For me, I'm prone to getting split ends. I don't heat style my hair and I still get split ends. By 2-3 months, the ends of my hair are full of split ends, so I just cut them off. If you could go months without splits ends, (good for you!) then I suggest cutting it every 2-3 months.

I hope this helped you guys! These are all my tips and tricks to get long and healthy hair. If I think of anymore I'll make a part 2 post. And if you have any ideas or suggestions for my posts, just let me know on twitter or in the comments.

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

  1. I never use shampoo and conditioner. Instead, I use baking soda as shampoo and apple cider vinegar as conditioner about twice a week. Cut both with some water and you're good to go! I know, it sounds gross, but it's good for your hair! And it doesn't make your hair smell like vinegar AT ALL. I try to keep my hair healthy as well, especially since I keep it long. My hair is about 30 inches right now. here's an article on it if you are interested: http://www.refinery29.com/shampoo-free

    xoxo

    www.flockingowls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about using baking soda, but I wasn't sure. I think I might try it in the summer, though. Thanks for the advice and link!

      Delete
  2. Argon oil works really well for softening your hair. It's basically revolutionary. It's all natural and can be used for getting rid of acne scars too! Josie Maran Argon oil is really good from Sephora.
    http://www.sephora.com/argan-oil-P218700 Love it!

    Cheers! Blessing from http://sucrebyblessing.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of a lot of people who use argon oil in their hair but I've never heard of argon oil getting rid of acne scars. I have a lot on my cheeks and I've been trying to get rid of them. Maybe I'll have to try it. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. If you want faster results use aloe vera extract! It's amazing for acne scars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that and I've tried it. But it just doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's just not for me.

      Delete