#pinterestsunday Book Crate

8:21 AM Unknown 3 Comments

As many of you might know, I have been reading a ton lately. I'm sure a lot of you out there enjoy reading too. Of course, we don't always have enough room on the bookshelf to store all our books, or we always forget what books we want to read next. The solution came to me through this pin. It is your very own book crate. The idea is actually really simple and I'm surprised I haven't thought of it before. This is a great idea for kids, just leave whatever books they or you want them to read in the crate, and they can just pick them up and start reading. This also doesn't have to be just for books. You can store anything in these crates. I'm thinking of making one for all the college brochures I get, maybe one for some art supplies, the possibilities are endless.

What you will need is:
  • A crate or box. I used an old shoe box. 
  • Wrapping paper or paint.
  • Scissors.
  • Tape or Glue.
  • Pages from an old book. (optional)
To start, if you have a shoe box, like me, you want to take of the lid. If the lid is attached to the shoe box, then tear or cut it off. If you are painting your box or crate, now would be the perfect time to do so.
If you are wrapping it in wrapping paper, like I chose to, then measure out the amount of wrapping paper you will need to cover the outside AND the inside. I chose to estimate the amount, but you could also measure out the wrapping paper.
Next you want to lay the wrapping paper flat with the box on top. Cut slits in the paper for each side so the wrapping paper will go neatly in to box. (See image above)
Tape the wrapping paper to the box. If your wrapping paper did not fully cover the inside of your box, tape left over pieces of wrapping paper onto the box, like I did.
This part is optional. If you would like this to be more decorative, cut out some letters in old book pages and tape or glue them to the front or your box. I chose to cut out "BOOKS". That's it! I hope you enjoyed this DIY. If you have any requests for the next #pinterestsunday, leave them in the comments below, or use the contact form on the side of this blog.

You Might Also Like

3 comments: