Learning to Fail

10:03 AM Unknown 0 Comments

In year 11, I was taking 4 AP classes. I was excited; my life was moving forward. I had always easily passed my normal classes and I was looking forward to this new challenge. I remember I thought it was going to be easy, like in the previous years. I was wrong.

My first few assignments in AP English, I failed. My first essays and multiple choice tests were not passing grades. Needless to say, I was freaking out. I thought I was going to fail the class. It was nothing like my regular English classes. I had no idea what to do.

I started studying like crazy. I was trying my hardest to get an "A" in the class. My parents constant pressure on me to get an "A" wasn't helping either. But as time went on, and we worked our way through the semester, my grades improved. The longer I was in the class, the more I learned and the more my grade improved. By the end of the year, I had gotten my "A" and passes the AP test.

I'm glad I didn't give up on AP English. I was close to transferring out because I thought I would fail. But I didn't. I learned to stick with it and keep trying. Eventually, if I kept with it, I would get better and I did. "Practice makes perfect." I learned not to give up so easily. Just because things seem tough, doesn't mean I should quit. In fact the things that are the hardest are the most rewarding. Now I'm looking forward to seeing what else I may fail at.

*not edited*

You Might Also Like

0 comments: