Summer Workout: Update + Eat Healthier!

2:38 PM Unknown 2 Comments

picture source

Eating healthy is just as important as working out. We all know that. But some times it's hard to eat healthy. We all struggle to eat healthier. I know I do. Here are some of my tips for eating healthier:

  1. Swap the candy for trail mix. We all love to have M & M's and that's fine every once and a while. But what about those everyday cravings? Instead of picking up a pack of M & M's, try some trail mix. A lot of them are made with nuts, fruit, and some of them even come with a little chocolate. Of course, instead of buying a trail mix from the store you can make your own. Take your favorite nuts and dried fruit and mix them together.
  2. Try whole wheat. It's easy to switch from white bread to wheat. I hardly noticed a difference. But breads not the only thing you can switch. A lot of other foods come in wheat too, like pasta. Switching to wheat is a really simple way to eat healthier.
  3. Eat fresh. This is one of the hardest things for people to do. It's actually not that hard. Buy a few fruits and vegetables a week. Try to eat one at least every morning for breakfast, especially since most people skip breakfast. Also try to include one fresh fruit or vegetable with every meal. It may sound hard, but it's really not.
  4. Make your own meals. It seems like all people ever do these days is go out to eat, especially at fast food restaurants. Not only are you spending a ton of money on meals you could make yourself, most of the food is unhealthy and we eat more, like that side of fries that you were picking at. Try to make meals at home instead of always going out or eating frozen dinners. Start by trying to make 3 dinners a week, then work your way up to  making more meals at home. This way you can control what you are eating and you know what you are eating.
For my fitness update: So far I've been trying to keep to my scheduled workout routine, but with all the plans I make at the last minute, it's been hard to keep up. For the most part, I've stuck to my workout. And if I have missed a day, I try to make it up as soon as I can. I have begun to eat healthier using these tips. They really do make a difference.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. These are good tips. So swapping candy! I love how you post something everyday, I've been trying to also! :) xoxo
    http://sucrebyblessing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed my tips and my blog. I checked out your blog and I love it!

    ReplyDelete