Book Nook: The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

6:26 PM Unknown 2 Comments

Picture Source
The reason I started reading this book is because I wanted to see the movie but I never went to go see it.  I have now finished the book and saw the movie. Which do I like better? The movie. I never realized how different some movies are from the books until I watched this movie. For the most part the story follows the same story. But there are a few major differences in the movie. That may be why I like the movie more, though.
This book is about Pat, a man who is just getting released from a neural health facility. He is struggling to remember events of his past and all he can think about is ending apart time with his wife Nikki. This book takes you on Pat's journey as he tries to get Nikki back and his awkward friendship he develops with a girl named Tiffany. That doesn't really sum up the whole book but those are two of the main parts. The book, although a little weird to me, is very well written.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. ah..i saw the film..while i found it not bad i did not get the hype. a recent lovely book i read was "Jellicoe Road" by melina marchetta..you can give it a try. everyone who read it loved it. and also if you have a goodreads account then add me. we can keep track of new books we discover and read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most of the hype surrounding the movie was because of Jennifer Lawrence. The movie it's self didn't deserve that much hype, but I still enjoyed. The book you suggested, Jellicoe Road, sounds interesting. Thanks for recommending it. I also just made a Goodreads account. I've never heard of it until now. Thanks for telling me about it. My account is http://www.goodreads.com/ashnikki123 or you can click one of the widgets to the side.

    ReplyDelete