Summer Lovin': The First Official Day of Summer

7:42 PM Unknown 2 Comments

It's Friday! I've already been out of school for over a week. It doesn't even feel like it's been that long. Summer is just going to fly by, I can tell. The thing about summer is that you wait for it all year, and then you are bored for 3 months once it gets here. I would know I've been feeling that way for 10 years.
The thing I hate though is each year I tell myself it will be different but it never is. I always hope that my summers will be like the ones in the movies, that I'll go on some crazy adventure. Unfortunately that never happens. I always spend the summer stuck at home with the occasional family vacation and hanging out with friends. Don't get me wrong, that's always fun. But I'm the kind of girl with big dreams and an even bigger imagination. I want something exciting to happen. I want there to be adventure and fun and good times and laughs, like every song and book and movie tell us about. I don't want to look back and say, "I wish I did something."
I've realized all this will reading an amazing book that I am totally in love with, Paper Towns by John Green. I've realized that I could consider my town a paper town. And my life most likely would be considered a paper life. I don't want that. I hate the idea of living a paper life in a paper town. I don't want that.
In fact the book inspired me to plan a trip. A summer long trip. Of course I may not go. But I'm okay with that. I've learned by reading this book, that the best part is the imaging and the planning. Once you actually do it, you realize it's not as great as you imagined it to be. I've also learned there's a thrill to leaving, and once you leave you don't really want to come back. And I don't know if I want that. In some ways I do, I really do, but I also don't want to be one of those girls who just keeps running, from diner to diner, never really living a life.
Besides reading my new book, I also went shopping this week. I went to Ulta yesterday so I will be a collective haul soon. I don't know when, but I will try to film it as fast as I can. I also went to the movies with one of my best friends. We saw Now You See Me. It was actually pretty good which is what a lot of people told me.
Today I went to the fair. I love going to the fair. I actually remembered to bring my camera this time so I have pictures to show you guys. I actually took 100 hundred pictures. Now I'm not going to include them all in this post because we would be here all day but my favorites are throughout this post.
I tried a deep fried Klondike bar from Chicken Charlie's. It wasn't too bad but I prefer the fried Oreos. My dad got some pickles wrapped in bacon which wasn't too bad, but I hate dill pickles. I have to say after eating that stuff it makes me feel super greasy and gross, but it's so good.
My fair brought in all these old arcade games and I am OBSESSED. They are so addicting. I would much rather play these than all those video games at home or the new ones in arcades. To me I love all the old stuff. It seems like the more you try to improve something, the more you try to make something totally perfect better, the more you ruin it.

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Nice post! thank you so much for your visit! I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete